FOCUS: SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS SERVICE
When you are a lover of God, you cannot operate under a curse:
"A new commandment I give unto you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another" (John 13:34-35). To love is an instruction/commandment.
WHAT IS LOVE?
Love is loving whatever God loves. It is showing God to mankind. Love is the greatest revelation of God. God is love (1 John 4:7-8). If you are not loving, you are not of God. It is the tree that determines the fruit. Those born of God have the capacity to love, and they know God. Until you love, you do not know God. It is love that sustains everything. When life, marriage, friendship and society are barren of love, it becomes a battle ground. Loving what God loves is loving mankind (John 3:16). The greatest revelation of God in the Old Testament is that God is good and His mercies endure forever (Psalm 136:1).
Lamentation 3:22 tells us the other side of God that He is a consuming God. But in the New Testament we are shown the secret of God, that God is love. The nature of God that powers His mercy and goodness is His love (1 Corinthians 13:1-4). Love is what gives value to our lives and everything we do. Our love for God is demonstrated in loving our fellow human being. Loving God is giving expression to what is in us (1 John 4:4, 1 John 3:13-18). When the situation of your brother does not bother you; you cannot claim to have the love of God in you. Love begins from your home to your environment and then to the world. Without love, God does not know you and you do not know Him. Let your lifestyle show people who God is because the Holy Ghost has been shared abroad in our hearts. God will always know His lovers. Love edifies while knowledge puffs up (1 Corinthians 8:1). Knowledge can make you proud (Hosea 4:6, Daniel 11:32, James 4:6). Moses was not only a man of meekness but he was a lover of God.
WHAT IS IN LOVE THAT ENGENDERS BREAKTHROUGHS?
1. It stirs up your heart for the house of God where giants are raised (Psalm 84:1-3).
2. Our fellowship with God and the brethren becomes a delight when the love of God is in us (Psalm 122:1).
3. We position ourselves for the showers of blessing when we are in love.
4. When we are operating in love we do not beg for God's blessings.
5. The love of God will drive us to share the good news unto others (1 Corinthians 9:16, Romans 1:16).
The gospel is the channel of blessing and redemption has positioned us for the blessing. Our mentality determines our lot in life. That is why the knowledge of God's Word is very important in our life. As we walk in love, blessings of God continue to flow unto us. Be a doer of good to avert evil.
PROOFS OF OUR LOVE FOR GOD
1. It makes us to flow in the supernatural (Romans 8:31).
2. It unleashes showers of blessings on the lovers of God.
THE SHOWERS OF BLESSING
"I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land; and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods. I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing. And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of yoke and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them" (EZEKIEL 34:25-27).
Investing into the Kingdom of God brings increase/blessings. The showers of God bring a breaking forth. When the showers of God's blessings are flowing, you are not permitted to be barren.
Every redeemed child of God is blessed (Ephesians 1:3, Galatians 3:13-14). It is the blessing of God that causes the stars in us to spring forth. "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it" (Proverbs 10:22).
What connects us to the blessings of the Lord is obedience unto God's Word (Deuteronomy 28:1-2).
WHY THE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS?
1. It is to terminate dryness and delay.
2. To complete what God has begun (Philippians 1:6).
3. To preserve our lives and His blessings on our lives (Isaiah 65:8).
THE KEYS TO PROVOKE THE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS OF GOD
1. By accepting the redemption Jesus brought to us and walk in them (Acts 3:26, Psalm 24:3-5).
2. By active service unto God (Exodus 23:25).
3. Showing gratitude unto God (Jeremiah 30:19, Psalm 37:25).
4. By keying into the key of priestly pronounced blessings (Numbers 6:23-26).
Anyone walking in love is walking in the blessings of God.