FOCUS: COVENANT DAY OF
Your personal relationship with God makes Him your Father. If He is your Father, you must go about His Kingdom business: "And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me wist ye not that I must go about my father's business" Luke 2:49.
If you are Born Again, you have been empowered by God to go about His business (preaching and soul winning). Your going after God's business guarantees you reward.
When there is no power nothing works. It takes your connectivity to flow in power. Failure in life is because of lack of power (Pro. 24:10). Without power you cannot do business successfully.
God has called you to a life of glory and virtue; it takes the power of the Holy Ghost to enjoy it.
"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtues" (2 Peter 1:3).
The adversary- the devil is out there to stop you but with the help of the power of the Holy Ghost, you have been made an overcomer (1 Jhn. 5:4). The Holy Spirit is the best gift given to man by God: "And I will pray the father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever. Even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him, for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you” (John 14:16-17). He is the necessary help for the fulfillment of your destiny.
You have been redeemed to reign on the earth, but you cannot reign without power. Hence, the need for empowerment of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the rod of every believer’s strength (Psa. 110:1-2).
DIMENSIONS OF POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
A triumphant Christian living is not possible without the power of the Holy Spirit. Your title and language will not scare your adversaries (1 Cor. 12:7). It is power that can subdue your enemies. You must go about your Father's business following Jesus’ example (Acts 10:38; Luk. 4:14). Every breakthrough in life is traceable to power (Luk. 10:1). Jesus sent His disciples out to preach by first empowering them, He has also empowered us by the Holy Spirit to go and bear fruits. You receive greater power when you are on the go for Jesus. Power is in levels; we have great power, exceeding power, exceeding great power etc.
HOW DOES THE HOLY SPIRIT EMPOWER US?
The Holy Spirit empowers us through the following:
1. The Spirit of Faith: This Spirit empowers us to a life of all possibilities. He helps us for triumphant living. It takes faith to fulfill your destiny (2 Cor. 4:13-15). The Spirit of Faith enables us to believe all things. The realm of God is the realm of all possibilities and it is the Spirit of Faith that can take you to that realm (Acts 24:14). Life is controlled by what you say (2 Cor. 4:18). The things that are seen are made from the things that are not seen. You cannot carry the Spirit of God and be a failure. To enjoy business breakthrough, you must have a breakthrough mentality.
2. The Spirit of Servanthood: This Spirit permits you to serve God with humility. He also allows you to obey God's Word that leads to your honour (Phil. 2:5-11, Job 36:11, John 12:26, Luk. 22:26-28). Life is all about service unto God and humanity.
3. The Spirit of Judgment: This is the Spirit that judges the wickedness of the wicked (Exo. 12:13). God blesses and also judges us.
4. The Spirit of Might: This Spirit quickens our mortal bodies. He energizes and strengthens our body to do the will of God tirelessly.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BREAKTHROUGH IN LIFE?
Supernatural breakthrough is the identity of every child of God.
1. Until you are Born Again you cannot breakthrough in life.
2. You must have a breakthrough mentality (Gen. 13:14-15).
3. Seek the advancement of the Kingdom of God (Matt. 6:33).
4. When God blesses the work of your hands, remember to pay your tithes.
5. Be thankful, joyful and keep rejoicing in the Lord to breakthrough (Isa. 30:30).
Your mightiness in life is determined by your connectivity with God. Living in sin makes you a failure but partnering with God makes you live a prosperous/victorious life (1 Cor. 6:20).